The pro-Russian hacktivist group NoName057(16) is primarily focused on disrupting websites important to nations critical of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine – DDoS attacks act as the method to conduct such disruption efforts.
Incidents Associated with this Threat
- September 28, 2023: Edinburgh Trams’ Website offline after Cyberattack
- September 14, 2023: DDoS Attack at Bordercheck Point in Canada
- June 20, 2023: DDoS Attack Took Down the North Sea Port Website
- June 14, 2023: Dutch Port Authority Websites Bombarded With a DDoS Attack
- June 12, 2023: NoName Hits Swiss Governments and Rail sites with DDoS Attack
- April 14, 2023: DDOS Cyberattack at Canadian Primary Eastern Seaports: Halifax, Montreal and Quebec.
- April 13, 2023: DDOS Hacktivist Attack at Quebec’s Power Utility
- March 28, 2023: DDoS Attack Caused Brief Disruption at German weapons manufacturer Rheinmetall
Malware Used by this Threat Actor
No malware identified for this threat actor.